Bishop Anaclet MWUMVANEZA is the current Bishop of Nyundo Diocese. he was ordained on 21st May 2016.
Phone : (+250) 788307736
B.P. 85 GISENYI-RWANDA
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Biography of Bishop Anaclet Mwumvaneza
Bishop Anaclet Mwumvaeza was born on 4th December 1956 in the Northern province of Rwanda -Murambi, Ruhondo District, Ruhondo Parish of Kigali Archidiocese.
He studied at Rulindo Primary School, Rulindo Catholic Parish, and secondary school in Saint Leon Junior Seminary in Kabgayi. In 1984, he started senior seminary studies at Rutongo in Kigali Archidiocese from 1984 to 1985. He continued his studies in Philosophy between 1985 – 1987 and Theology between 1987 – 1991 in the senior seminary of Nyakibanda, Butare Diocese.
Bishop Anaclet Mwumvaneza was ordained as a priest on 25th July 1991 at Nyamata Parish in Kigali Archdiocese. He has then been given the following responsibilities:
- In 1991, he started his priest mission as Curate-thrifty in Kabuye Parish.
- From 1992 to 2000, he has been a parish Priest in Saint Famille Parish in Kigali
- From 1993 to 2000, he has been chosen as a dean of Priests in the pastoral area of Kigali city, and a member of the bishop’s counselor’s counsel as well as a member of the financial pf Kigali Archdiocese.
- From 2000 to 2004, he resumed his studies in Rome at Gregorian Pontifical University where he got a Ph.D. in Canon Law.
- Back in Rwanda, he served as a parish Priest in St jean Bosco Kicukiro Parish from 2004 to 2005.
- From 2004 up to now, he has been a temporary Lecture of Canon Law in Nyakibanda Senior Seminary.
- From 2005 to 2013, he has been Director of Caritas and president of the Commission Justice and Peace in Kigali Board of Directors of Rilima Hospital.
- In 2006, he has been appointed as the Catholic Church Episcopal Conference Representative in the Platform of Rwandan Civil Society Network.
- From 2007 to 2014, he has been President of the Priests Association of Kigali Archdiocese (CEANACULM).
- From 2007 up to now, he has been Chairperson of the board of Directors of RIM(Réseau Interdiocèsain de microfinance) and Vice-President of Board of directors of Gemeca Petroleum.
- in 2009, he was a Lecturer and Interim of Ruli High Institute of Health Kigali Archdiocese.
- From 2012 to 2014, he has been a member of the Board of Directors of Caritas Rwanda.
- From 2013, he has been appointed as a defender member of the Ecclesiastic Interdiocese Tribunal of Rwanda.
- From 2013 up to now, he has been the Secretary-General of Caritas Rwanda, until he has been appointed bishop of Nyundo Diocese by Pope Francis on 11th March 2016.
List of previous bishops of Nyundo Diocese
Bishop Alexis HABIYAMBERE, S.J, directs the Diocese of Nyundo Until the resignation of the age limit on May 21, 2016.
Bishop Wenceslas KALIBUSHI. Leads the Diocese of Nyundo Until resignation of age limit on March 22, 1997
Bishop Vincent NSENGIYUMVA was appointed to succeed him on January 12, 1974. He was to lead this Diocese until March 27, 1977
The Diocese of Nyundo was erected on February 14, 1952, as the Apostolic Vicariate of Nyundo. Its first Bishop Monsignor Aloys BIGIRUMWAMI, who is the first African Bishop of what was then called Belgian Africa (Congo, Rwanda-Burundi), was consecrated on June 1, 1952. In 1959 the Apostolic Vicariate of Nyundo became the Diocese of Nyundo still under the leadership of Monsignor Aloys BIGIRUMWAMI
Phone Eveque: +250788307736